I. OUR NORTH STAR DREAM
A. Access to inclusive and quality education for every child
- Regardless of disability, income, race/ethnicity, gender
B. Positive school experiences
- Respect and kindness for our children and our educators
- Art, music, theater
- Enrichment programs that nurture the academic experience
- Exciting, dynamic and fun school experiences
- Empowering teachers and administrators to be creative architects to design and adapt educational implementation to the needs of their schools, students and individual learners.
- Appropriate and progressive evidenced based strategies for learning, behavior management and social development.
C. Integrated and cooperative communities
- Parent/family/community involvement encouraged and supported. Schools are creative about incorporating families/community stakeholders into structure of school taking into consideration the population the school serves.
II. ACHIEVING THE NORTH STAR DREAM
- Using solution focused, actionoriented steps
- Educating parents, students, taxpayers, administrators, teachers, school board
- Visibility through social media, outreach to other groups, establishing and maintaining a public profile
- Advocating for public schools
- At the State level
B. Community Building
- Recruiting parents, teachers and local education institutions (SCAD, Armstrong, SSU)
- Investing in meaningful relationships through both formal and informal meetings
- Collaboration between groups already working in advocacy in Savannah and helping to make connections
- d. Building a working relationship with the School Board and School Administrators
C. Engaging disengaged populations
- Empowering those who previously are disenfranchised
D. Supporting teachers
- Empowering teachers to participate without fear of retribution
- Supporting teachers to acquire appropriate and relevant training.
- Supporting teachers in their efforts to secure supports, materials, mentoring and compensation
Voices for Schools takes solution-focused, action oriented steps to address the needs of the Savannah Chatham County Public School System.